Saturday, September 8, 2018

Celebrate Your Special Day



I wanted to take part in the Mod Squad Challenge this week. For the challenge this week, you had to use your acrylic block to stamp the background. I also wanted to participate in the weekend color challenge on the Christian Card Makers FB group. Here is the palette we were given:



I used covered my acrylic block with two shades of purple distress ink and then spritzed it with water. I stamped this on my block and let the block sit on my cardstock for a couple minutes. I used my heat gun to dry it but still set it aside for a couple hours to completely dry. I then stamped an old Gina K Designs butterfly with black ink in my stamped square. I die cut the panel and double mounted it on two shades of green cardstock. Yes, I know the stamped block is off-center, we're going to go with it's an "artistic card." LOL The sentiment was stamped and then double mounted with two shades of purple cardstock. Some bling was added to the butterfly's body and some stickles were used to accent various parts of the wings. Nuvo Crystal Drops were scattered on the stamped panel and also used for the butterfly's head.

It's a very different look for me. But it's good to step out of your comfort zone every now and then. In real life, the colors match the palette much better.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Park Lane (card base), Georgia Pacific (white), Bazzill (green cardstock), DCWV (dark purple cardstock), Unknown embossed light purple cardstock
Stamps: Gina K Designs (butterfly - retired), Paper Sweeties (Love You to Pieces)
Ink: Distress Ink (Wilted Violet, Shaded Lilac), VersaFine (Onyx Black)
Tools/Embellishments: Our Daily Bread Designs (Double Stitched Rectangle Dies), Nuvo Crystal Drops (clear), The Paper Studio (bling), Stickles (Star Dust)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
ModSquad Challenge - Stamp Your Block Cardmaking Challenge
Crop Stop Linky #43 - Use items or brands found in the Crop Stop online store (I used Distress Ink, Tsuineko, Ranger, Scotch, Bazzill)
Whoopsi Daisy Challenge - Anything Goes with Option of Purple

Thanks for visiting today. I hope you'll come back soon.

3 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

This is so pretty, Stephanie. I love that beautiful purple!! Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

Esther Asbury said...

What a pretty card! I love the way your block stamped background looks under your beautiful butterfly! Thanks so much for linking up to the Cropstop blog this month!

gransliltreasures said...

Stephanie, what a lovely card. Thank you for joining in on the fun.Hope to see you again soon.
Denise DT xx

http://cutedaisymay.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...