Sunday, June 16, 2019

Captain America Father's Day Card



My husband is my biggest card making supporter. I really like to make him unique cards for holidays, special occasions and just because cards. Last week I saw the Jessica Lynn Original's Captain America Shield video tutorial. I also saw Jennifer McGuire's Triangle Gatefold Card tutorial. Since my husband really likes Captain America, I decided to combine them. I made the Captain America shield as the belly band element on the Triangle Gatefold Card. I made the star on the shield a die cut inlay.


I used a star embossing folder on the inner flap and then used an old Gina K Designs stamp set for the Father's Day sentiment and for the small stars stamped on the belly band and the interior.


I did minimal interior decorating. I just stamped a few more stars and left myself lots of room to write a message. My husband is a fantastic dad to our children and Papaw to our grands. I like to let him know I notice and greatly appreciate his dedication to our family. He really liked the card and has showed it to several people at church. I think this one was a hit.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Recollections (#110 white for card base), Darice (red), Bazzill (blue), Georgia Pacific (white)
Stamps: Gina K Designs cling stamp set (Masculine Tags - retired)
Ink: Ranger Archival (Cobalt)
Dies: Divinity Designs (Sparkling Stars and Double Stitched Circles), Stamp Simply (Fishtail Sentiment Banners)
Embossing Folder: We R Memory Keepers

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Cuttlebug Mania - Tic Tac Toe (I chose the far right column: sentiment, more than two layers, and embossing)
Outlawz Festive Friday Challenge - One of five themes including Father's Day

Thanks for visiting with me today. I hope you'll come back again soon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...