Sunday, June 8, 2008

Desire

For this Scripture Challenge word, we were to research "What is desire? According to Webster’s, it is “to wish, long for, crave, or covet.” And according to Vine’s Dictionary of the Bible, it is “a craving or lust.” Vine’s also reminds us that there are good desires and evil desires. Whatever our desires are, they should be in line with God’s desires not the world’s. Do we want what He desires for us or what we selfishly desire for ourselves?" [Patter Cross on Triple the Scraps].






The verses I used:

Psalm 27:4One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.

Proverbs 11:23The desire of the righteous is only good: but the expectation of the wicked is wrath.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...