Wednesday, August 17, 2011

SIWS10 - Star Card

This week's focus verse at the Say It With Scripture challenge at the Sweet 'n Sassy Connection, is Ecclesiastes 3:11a, "He hath made every thing beautiful in his time..."  This verse is a reminder to me that from difficult situations, in the Lord's timing, He can make something beautiful.  So often, I struggle with His timing.  I want things changed, fixed, started, stopped, or whatever on MY timetable.  But from experience, I know that His timing always brings the best result.

When our children we little, our family kept a blessing journal.  In it we wrote answers to prayer and various other blessings the Lord had given us.  During difficult times, it was such an encouragement to look back and see what the Lord had done for us in the past.  It gave us the motivation we needed to wait on Him to work things out again.  I'm thinking we need to get back to keeping that journal again.

On my card this week I used flowers and a butterfly as examples of two beautiful things that take time to develop.  Maybe I should keep this card for myself as a reminder that, as the inside sentiment says, "God's timing is perfect."


As an added challenge this week, I'm challenging you to make a card with a different fold or size than you usually use.


I found this great video tutorial, translated from Norwegian for this star card design.  The tutorial video is easy to follow and the notes have the centimeter to inch conversion included.




I paper pieced some flowers from the 6 Petal Flower digital stamp set and one of the butterflies from the New Creature digital stamp set.  I cut out two butterflies so that I could leave the wings of one of them free for dimension. I accented the top butterfly with some pearls and a silver star gelly roll pen. 



For the flowers and leaves, after I fussy cut them, I put them face down on a mouse pad and used the end of a Sharpie (my stylus has gone into hiding) to give them a little shape.  I then inked the edges, stacked them, added a brad center, and accented them with a Sakura gelly roll clear star pen. You can see the dimension on the flower a little better in this picture.


I used another flower and some leaves on the inside with one of the sentiments from the New Creature digital stamp set.







I hope you'll join us at the Sweet 'n Sassy Connection for our Say It With Scripture Challenge this week.  Don't forget to stop by for your free digi.  I also hope you'll give one of these star cards a try.  They are a lot of fun and not really that difficult.



Supplies:
Cardstock:  SU
Patterned Paper:  BG (Hello, Luscious)
Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy (New Creature, 6 Petal Flower)
Ink: Colorbox Fluid Chalk (chestnut roan)
Embellishments: Sakura Gelly Roll pens (clear star, silver star), Oriental Trading brad, Recollections pearl flourishes and pearls

Challenges I'm entering:
Stamptacular Sunday #124 - Fancy Folds
Sentimental Sundays #68 - Shaped Cards


Thanks for stopping by today.






4 comments:

Céline said...

so gorgeous and original card!
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week.
have you see our dt call? It's will be a pleasure to find you in our candidate.
hugs
céline

Janne said...

Oh, this is just so beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays♥
♥♥Janne♥♥

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

Ok...now I LOVE this!!!! LOVE< LOVE it!@!!! This is so clever and very well put together!!! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays.

Hugs,
Calypso

Sprytebyrd said...

What a beautiful design and gorgeous colors, too!
Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...