Thursday, November 8, 2012

A Morning Without Coffee....

I am excited to announce that I am a Guest Designer for Daydream Designs this month.  Diane has a wonderful assortment of digi stamps for all occasions, Scripture digis and beautiful digi papers.  Be sure to stop by, browse thru her store, catch up on the latest happenings on the blog, and sign up for the newsletter.  For those on Facebook, why not "like" the Daydream Designs Facebook page?   This way, you won't miss a thing.  I'll be posting a project featuring Daydream Designs digis each Thursday this month.





For my first Daydream Designs project, I made this card using a couple different sets.  My coffee cup is from The Perfect Blend digi set which contains 19 images (some are pre-colored). The sentiment is from the Deja Brew Digi Sentiment set which contains 13 coffee themed sentiments.

I paper pieced the coffee cup and added some SU Crystal Effects to the coffee for a little dimension & shine.  Since this card is intended for my coffee-loving daughter, I embossed her initial on the cup (Sorry, that initial is not a Daydream Designs stamp). After cutting out the cup, I popped it up on an embossed panel. The swirls on this panel remind me of steam. Some bling "steam" was added as well.



The sentiment tag was also popped up off the card base.  Some jute, "metal" dots and minor interior decorating finished off the card.

Supplies:
Cardstock:  The Paper Studio (kraft), Bazzill (teal), Recollections (cream)
Patterned Paper:  MME (Dilly Dally Hello Flannel)
Stamps:  Daydream Designs Digis (Deja Brews Sentiments, The Perfect Blend), Studio G ("K")
Ink:  Stampabilities Embossing Ink pad
Embellishments/Tools: Stampendous embossing powder (Midnight Black), Jute (Michael's), black metal dots (Best Occasions), bling (Recollections), eyelet (American Crafts), Spellbinders (Standard Circle Small, Eyelet Circle), Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (D'vine Swirl), EK Success Corner Rounder, Crop-o-dile, SU Crystal Effects

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Sentimental Sundays #127 - Dimensions
The Crafty Pad #195 - Anything Goes
Friends of Speedy TV #45 - Anything Goes
Clear it Out Challenge - Anything Goes with a touch of Red
Going Gray with Scrap-Creations - Must use digi
Word Art Wednesday #53 - Sentiment
52 Card Pick-up #44 - Make a card
PaperTake Weekly - Anything Goes
Spark Your Creativity Now! Challenge #3 - Anything Goes

I hope you'll stop by Daydream Designs and pick up a few digis of your own.  You won't be disappointed with the quality.

I'm so glad you stopped by today.  I hope you'll come back soon.

16 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

You're going to give me nightmares, Stephanie. Please don't even make me THINK about a morning without coffee....LOL. I'm so glad that you're Guest Designing for Daydream Designs this month. You're going to have such fun playing with Diane's sweet images. They're great. I am praying for you, the decisions you're making, and just for God's blessings on your life. It's always a pleasure to visit! Thanks for playing along at WAW.
Blessings,
karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Kate said...

Beautiful card! Love the dp & design. Thanks for joining us at FOSTV.

Theresa's Studio said...

Love your design, dps, and colors. Thanks for joining us this week at FOSTV.

Corrinne said...

How lovely! Thank you for sharing this with us at Clear It Out Challenges.

I invite you to join me at the ANYTHING GOES challenge here: http://pinandtack.blogspot.com/2012/11/spark-your-creativity-now-challenge-3.html

Lots of joy,
Corrinne

Sandy Trefger said...

I don't drink coffee but I do drink a diet Dr. Pepper every morning so going without it is very hard! I love your red coffee cup on your card!
Thanks for sharing it with Clear It Out!
~sandy
visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

Diane Noble said...

Stephanie....whoo-hoo! I love your sweet creation and your adorable paper piecing and rhinestone steam. So cute, so creative and clever. Great color scheme and layout too. All in all a simply delightful card...and I've had my two cup quota day! So happy to have you joining us at Daydream Designs and I'm looking forward to all your fun projects in November. Welcome...you are already a blessing to us!!!

Unknown said...

Stephanie, This card is solid creative sweetness. The lovely initial, steamy bling, layers, dsp colors; all in all quite an entry. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Blessings,
Carole B
Word Art Wednesday

Janine said...

Tea for me! Lovely card - like the colour choices and design. Thanks for joining our FOSTV challenge

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

What THE! A morning without coffee! I don't think I could face the day let alone get out of bed! Love the bright colors you used and that spotty paper is stunning. Thank you for linking up and playing along with us this week at The Crafty Pad Challenge : ) P.S. I have Santa’s Candy on my blog !

Diane said...

Fantastic card Stephanie !! Being from the UK its tea for me !! Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Crafty Pad !!

hugs Diane xx

stampingbowd said...

Pretty card! I love the embossed circle and the fun gem "steam"! Terrific card! Thanks for playing along this week at FOSTV.

Ravengirl said...

So pretty! I really like the monogrammed cup. That's totally my style!

Gemiel said...

Fabulous card!! I'm not a coffee drinker, but I can't imagine a morning without a cup of tea. :) Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Word Art Wednesday. Congrats on the guest DT spot at Daydream Designs. Blessings to you!

Lynn's Place said...

Thanks for playing along at Clear It Out Tuesday...great take on the challenge hope to see you again...

Tameko said...

Fabulous card design. Thanks for joining the Sentimental Sundays Challenge!

Traci M said...

Stephanie, your card is adorable!! I think I wake up just so I can have my hot and very strong cup of coffee!! One of those simple pleasures of life.. Welcome to the design team...it's great to see you here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...