Friday, November 2, 2012

Paper Bag Album -- SNSDC78

Since it's Friday, it's time for another challenge over at the Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge Blog.  This week's challenge is to make Anything But A Card.  Yep, the sky is the limit as long as it is not a card and uses digi stamps.

I've been seeing some cool paper bag albums on You Tube and decided to give one a try.  I combined the techniques by Kathy Orta and Vianneylu1.  This baby album needs a bit more interior decorating, so I'm just going to show you the cover today.  I'll share the rest of the pages as soon as I can.  You can see a hint of what's inside on the right side of the photo below.  Some ribbon pulls for pull-out tags are seen sticking out of the album.  :)  The album is approx. 9" x 6".



I used Cocoa's Baby Block digital stamp for the focal image on the album cover.  However, I decided that I didn't want to have the letter "B" in the block but I wanted the baby's first initial instead.  Using PSE, I removed the "B" and added an "L."  This is one of the wonderful things about digi stamps....you can change them up a bit to suit your needs.



I colored Cocoa with my copics and paper pieced the block and the letter.  I cut out the entire image and popped it up on the pink layer.  I added a small piece of pop dot under part of Cocoa's tail and glued the rest of it directly to the pink circle.  This had a two-fold purpose.  I was afraid Cocoa's tail would get torn off if it wasn't completely attached and popping part of it up gave it added dimension.



After adding the entire circle focal panel to the cover with pop dots so that it would be above the bling flourish (which was cut in half and spread out to cover the entire diagonal of the cover), the "L" on the block was covered with star dust Stickles and Cocoa's nose got some SU Crystal Effects for a little shine.



I used a border strip of flowers from the paper collection and added them to the binding with some additional bling for the flower centers.  The binding strip was edged with Spellbinders Edgeabilities.



Cover Supplies:
Cardstock:  Recollections, Express
Patterned Paper:  Basic Grey (Sweet Threads)
Stamps:  Sweet 'n Sassy Digi (Cocoa's Baby Block)
Ink:  Copic Markers (N1, N3, N5, N7, R20, E000)
Embellishments/Tools:  Prima Say It In Crystals flourish, rhinestones (Best Occasions, Recollections), Stickles (Star Dust), SU Crystal Effects, Spellbinders (Standard Circles Large & Small, Lacey Circles, Classic Edges 2, Classic Decorative Inserts 5)

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:
Paper Pretties Monday Challenge (PPMC63) - Bling
Whimsy Stamps #52 - All Things Sparkly
Word Art Wednesday #52 - Encouraging project
Basic Grey Challenges #80 - Anything Goes (I used BG Sweet Threads papers)
Spark Your Creativity Now! Challenge #3 - Anything Goes
Clearly Inspired Challenge #63 (CIC63) - Critters

I hope you'll play along with us this week and make anything but a card.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I'll try to be back soon with the rest of the album.


2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Great idea, Stephanie! I've seen the paper bag albums and would love to give it a try sometime. Will have to check out the techniques you've shared.

Karen Letchworth said...

This is darling and SO creative, Stephanie. I love paper bag albums and they're just SO fun to make. Yours is adorable and I'm so glad you're playing along with us again this week at Word Art Wednesday, as it's always a blessing when you join us. Have a wonderful week.
Blessings,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...