Thursday, November 15, 2012

In Sunshine or Rain...



I love to paper piece. When I saw the umbrella in this stamp set by Daydream Designs, I knew it was just made to be paper pieced.  I ended up paper piecing the entire image.  I did take a little help from my Copic and colored the top of the pocket instead of trying to line up that tiny piece.  Copics also added a tiny amount of shadow around the image. 



After die-cutting the image panel, it was matted on a petite scalloped oval panel.  To go along with these beautiful Prima papers, I added quite a bit of pearl & sparkle.  A pair of tweezers made applying the individual pearls a breeze.  A pearl was also added to the center of the umbrella.  Pearls were also added to the decorative photo corners.



The entire umbrella was given a coat of stickles for some extra pizzazz. The large flower in the upper left corner had some glitter already on it.  However, it also got a little attention from the Stickles bottle as did the two smaller flowers. The ribbon used to keep this gate-fold card closed also has some shimmer so as you can tell, this card is not lacking for sparkle!



I enjoy making gate-fold cards and just can't help but do "interior decorating" on them.  I used two of the sentiments that coordinate with this stamp set and printed them to be one thought: "Sunshine or rain...I'm here for you."  I didn't want to cover up all the pretty patterned paper, so I matted the sentiment on an oval and let the paper be the star.


Supplies:
Cardstock:  Georgia Pacific, Bazzill (Two Scoops - Cherries Jubliee)
Patterned Paper:  Prima (Madeline)
Stamps:  Daydream Designs digis (Sunshine and Rain Sentiment Set, Sunshine and Rain Digi Set)
Ink:  Copic Markers (C0, E29, Colorless Blender)
Embellishments/Tools:  pearls (The Paper Studio), ribbon (Ribbon Trends), flowers (Prima), Spellbinders (Decorative Photo Corners, Petite Ovals Small & Large, Petite Scalloped Ovals Large), Stickles (Star Dust)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Papertake Weekly - Flower Power
Divas by Design #61 - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday #54 - Anything Goes/Sentiment
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenges #25 - Use Stripes (mine are on the interior of my card)
Stampin' Sisters in Christ #165 - Something broken brought back together (the front panel of my card is "broken" and brought back together by the image panel & ribbon)
Spark Your Creativity Now Challenge #3 - Anything Goes

The two sets I used on this card also have a coordinating digi paper set and a pre-colored image set available.  Daydream Designs has stamps for all occasions.  I hope you'll stop by the store and pick up some for yourself.

Thanks for visiting today.  Come back soon!!


6 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

This is WONDERFUL, Stephanie! I love your creative style, and appreciate your participation more than you can know. Thanks for sharing with us!
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

P.S. I was think that because the front of this is broken in two pieces that come together to make the scene, it really fits the challenge at Stampin Sisters in Christ and you could share it there as well. Check it out!
Just a beautiful card, Stephanie!

Cassie said...

Wow, gorgeous card, Stephanie! I too love paper piecing, and you did a beautiful job on your little scene :)

Debbie said...

Love you beautiful card. Gorgeous paper piecing. Thank you for joining us at CC&CC.
Debbie x

Diane Noble said...

This card is stunning, Stephanie! I love the slightly vintage, shabby look to it...and all your gorgeous detailing...pearls, sparkles, roses...all just perfect. What a beautiful piece of art!

Unknown said...

Stephanie, The card is very beautiful,the inside giving it a very rich look. I like the way you encircled your die cut with pearls, I use the paper piercer from SU. Thank you so much for visiting us and sharing that lovely art.
Psalm 103 Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

PS What is the last song you did with your husband?

Lisa said...

Wonderful soft colors and pretty image! Thank you for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...