Thursday, November 22, 2012

Let Your Light So Shine...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Today is the day, in America, that we set aside to remember all our blessings...and to eat a wonderful  meal with our friends and families.  We're enjoying having our daughter, her fiance, my mother-in-law, brother-in-law and niece join us at our house today. If you are visiting here on Thanksgiving, thank you for sharing part of your day with me.  I truly am thankful for my readers and am honored that you stop by to visit. For those of you that take the time to leave a comment, please know that I appreciate each and every one of them.  I understand the sacrifice of time it takes to leave a comment and it makes my heart smile to read your comments on my cards/projects.

When I saw this Scripture digi in the the new Scripture Digi sets by Daydream Design, I couldn't wait to use it as the focal image on a card. This verse is such a great reminder that we're to live so that our lives bring glory to our Heavenly Father who has truly given us so MUCH.

I recently "found" this double-sided patterned paper at my local scrapbook store (aka LSS) and thought it would showcase a Scripture focused card perfectly.  One side is this poppy pattern and the other a deep red pattern.  I also had a new set of Spellbinders dies that I'd gotten for my birthday and couldn't wait to use them either. :)





I used layered both sides of the patterned paper with a piece of parchment paper between.  After cutting out the Scripture, I matted it with the dark red side of the paper and layered it on a floral oval spellbinders panel.  All my edges were inked. A gold ribbon bow, a pearly button, pearls and liquid pearls finished it off. My finished card is 5" x 7".  I've been breaking out of my standard 5.5" square box a little lately.  No promises on this trend continuing.  :)

Supplies:
Card base: Paper Company
Cardstock: Recollections
Patterned Paper:  Bo Bunny (Serenade Poppies)
Ink:  SU (Creamy Caramel)
Stamp:  Daydream Designs Digi (Dream Team Scripture Set 2)
Embellishments/Tools:  pearls (Recollections), button (misc. from my stash), ribbon (Michael's), Liquid Pearls (Platinum Pearl), Spellbinders (Labels 4, Labels 4 Small, Floral Ovals), SU ticket punch

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Spark Your Creativity Now Challenge #3 - Anything Goes
Stamptacular Sunday #190 - Recipe Challenge: Pearls or Bling (pearls), Ribbon or Twine (ribbon), Dies or Punches (both)
Papertake Weekly - Ribbon and/or Pearls (I have both)
Divas by Design #62 - Two or more patterned papers (2)
Word Art Wednesday #55 - Scripture/Sentiment


I wanted to mention a little more about these special Scripture sets.  Diane had each of her Dream Team submit their favorite Scripture verse.  She then turned each of them into a beautiful & unique digi stamp.  There are 3 sets in all.  If you enjoy using Scripture on your cards, scrapbook pages, and other projects, you will definitely want to check these out.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope each of you are enjoying the day with those you love.  Happy Thanksgiving!!




8 comments:

Brodders said...

Gorgeous use of ribbons and pearls x
Thanks for joining us at PTW - Jane x

Karen Letchworth said...

Stephanie: I am SO thankful for you. You couldn't have possibly known, but this is my favorite Bible verse. I love this card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. You've relly blessed my heart today, and I bless the Lord for it!
Hugs,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Penny said...

Love your design, ribbon, papers, and wonderful die cuts. Thank you for sharing this with us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge. Hope to see you again soon! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Faye said...

Absolutely stunning work. I love the double sided paper you used so creatively.

Céline said...

fab card, love the papers and sentiment
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline

Unknown said...

Stephanie, I so like those Poppies on the paper. The die cuts are spectacular and thus the card is a winner especially with that wonderful scripture. Thank you for postings with us at WAW.
Psalm 103 Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson,
Word Art Wednesday

Elizabeth Hart said...

So beautifully done - beautiful scripture! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge

Unknown said...

Hi Stephanie, gorgeous card - lovely papers and colours.

Thanks for joining in with us this week at Divas by Design.

Sarah

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...