Saturday, January 19, 2013

Happy Birthday!!

Today is my mother-in-law's birthday so I thought I'd share the card I made for her with you.


I made a criss-cross Card and embellished the front with one of the layered chipboard birds a friend recently gave me.  My mother-in-law loves birds so I foresee using the birds my friend gave me on several cards for her.  I used a metallic pen for the faux stitching.  This gives a bit of shimmer as do the two flouishes.  The ribbon also has a bit of shimmer to it and the flower has touches of glitter.  The scalloped panel pulls out and is where my husband wrote our birthday message to her.


Supplies:  
Cardstock:  Bazill, Recollections
Patterned Paper:  Prima (Madeline)
Stamps:  Mark's Finest Papers (Celebrate Big!)
Ink:  Memento (Tuxedo Black)
Embellishments/Tools:  flourishes (Prima, Recollections), ribbon (Ribbon Trends), Layered Chipboard Bird (K & Company), Spellbinders (Classic Ovals Large, Floral Ovals, Big Scalloped Border Petites), Sakura Gelly Roll Metallic pen, flower (Prima)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Spark Your Creativity Now Challenge #5 - Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday #252 - Diamond are Forever (Diamond Fold Card, bling)
Word Art Wednesday #63 - Anything Goes
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenge #30 - For the Birds (use a bird on your card)
Whimsy Challenge #55 - Fancy Edges

Thanks for stopping by today.  There's still time to enter the Design Team call over on the Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge Blog.  Visit the blog for full details on how to apply and on how to win the entire January Digi Release..

8 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

How pretty, Steph. I'm sure she will really like this. Thanks for taking the time to stop by and share with us. It's always so nice to have you play along in our challenges. I appreciate your entry, and hope that all is well with you!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Unknown said...

Stephanie,
I like the shimmery ribbon very much. I also love when we venture into a different fold. The apricotish color is solid but very pretty. The bow, diecut and scallops all seem to be a perfect match. The bird looks quite lovely perched on that layer.
Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday.
Carole Robb Bisson
The Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card.
I love how you did it as an envelope.
Love all the embellies.

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty, I'm sure your Mother-in-law will love this card!

Deb said...

so beautiful!
Many thanks for joining in the
♥Cute Card Thursday Challenge♥
this week! Debxx

heidy said...

This is so pretty,thanks for joining CCTthis week!
Hugs Heidy

Deanne Saunders said...

Love your card! Thanks for participating in our Chocolate,Coffee and Cards challenge!!

~DEANNE~

Tracy said...

Such a pretty card, love all the detailing.

Thank you for joining us at Whimsy for this months "fancy edges" challenge x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...