Tuesday, January 15, 2013

What a Joy!

I really enjoy making cards but I also enjoy other paper crafts.  I've been wanting to make another tea bag wallet for awhile now.  They are quick, easy and fun to put together.  You can see my first one and a link to the tutorial on how to make your own in my blog post here.



I love the Friendship Collection Sentiments at Daydream Designs.  There are a total of 12 friend-themed sentiments in the set.  I thought this one was perfect for the focal point of the top of this tea bag wallet.



I put pearls on each scallop around the oval.  I dotted the "j" in joy, the "i" in friend and the exclamation point with a tiny green pearl.  I used stickles to emphasize the words "joy," "you," and "friend."  I also accented different parts of the patterned paper design with stickles.  Three pink rhinestones finish off the sparkle & bling.



The inside of the wallet has room for 6 tea bags.  This time I focused on Breakfast Teas.  OK, I confess, I chose them from the package because they went with the color scheme the best.  :)  It just happened to turn out that they were both breakfast teas.  Not being a tea drinker, I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not.  I hope it is.  :)

Supplies:
Cardstock:  Bazzill, Copic
Patterned Paper: The Paper Studio
Stamps:  Daydream Designs (Friendship Collection Sentiments)
Tools/Embellishments:  bling & pearls (Recollections), Stickles (Star Dust), Spellbinders (Petite Ovals Large and Small, Petite Scalloped Ovals Large), tea (Twining's -English Breakfast Tea, Irish Breakfast Tea)

I'm entering this wallet in the following challenges:
Tuesday Throwdown #130 - Frame It
Terrifically Thrilling Thursday - Anything Goes
Spark Your Creativity Now #5 - Anything Goes
Crazy 4 Challenges #168 - Shape it up (anything but an A2 or square card)
Word Art Wednesday #62 - Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday #251 - Beat the Blues (Interpretation open & doesn't have to be a card - the cheery colors, bling and gift are a "blues beater" for me)

Thanks for stopping by today.  



8 comments:

sharon said...

I love the pearls. very pretty.

Karen Letchworth said...

What an awesome idea, and let me say...the sentiment is how I feel about you. Even though we don't get to chat as often as I'd like, I am so blessed that God sent you into my life.
Thanks for sharing, and have a blessed week.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Amanda said...

Lovely card, nice text, and love the teabags inside. thanks for joining us at Shelly's Images.

Hugs Amanda
Shelly's Images DT

Diane Noble said...

Oh, Stephanie...this is just the greatest. Love your beautiful artwork in designing this wonderful little gift. Definitely CASE-worthy! I love it.

Peanut said...

A gift from the heart for a special friend. Doesn't get better than that. An elegant project. Thanks for joining us on Tuesday Throwdown's Frame It challenge. Hope to see you again next week. ... Asha - DT

Debbie said...

This is beautiful!! Great gift for a tea drinker! I love all the pearls!

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Beautiful project. The pearls gives it that finishing touch.
Thanks for joining in on the fun at Tuesday Throwdown. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni,DT
tuesdaythrowdown.

Sandy said...

This is just so feminine with the pearls and rhinestones on your sentiment! I love how it turned out and what a great gift idea. I don't drink tea either but I have friends that do. So definitely an idea to try!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...