Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pocket Calendar & Tutorial



Today I have a quick and easy project to share with you.  It's a calendar that is sized to go easily in your purse or desk.  The finished size is 3" x 6".  There is a calendar for each month and a place to write notes for 2014.  All the digis are from Daydream Designs.

Here's how I put my project together.  Start with a sheet of cardstock 6" x 12" (I didn't have the color I wanted in 12 x 12 paper so I had to piece it from an 8.5 x 11 sheet) and score it every 3 inches along the 12" side.  I rounded all the corners with my Round-it-All (this tool let me have the calendar closed and punched thru all layers with ease).  I layered each panel with patterned paper and rounded those corners as well.



I printed one of the sentiments from the Friendship Collection Sentiments set and also printed out "2013" on cream cardstock.  After cutting out and inking the edges, faux stitching was added; both panels were matted and adhered to the front panel. A glitter pen added some sparkle to the front cover.  I didn't want to use any bumpy embellishments because I didn't want to add bulk and I didn't want them to get knocked off due to wear & tear during the year.



The individual calendars from the 2013 Mini Calendars set were printed on cardstock (they are just over 2" wide), cut out and inked.  Two months were adhered to each panel.  The "extra" panel has room to make notes for future events in 2014.  If you look closely in the top picture, you'll see a date is circled.  This is a very special day in our lives and in the life of the recipient -- our children are getting married...to each other.  :)

Supplies:
Cardstock:  Stampin' Up, Recollections
Patterned Paper: Stampin' Up
Stamps:  Daydream Designs (2013 Mini Calendars, Friendship Collection Sentiments)
Ink:  Colorbox Fluid Chalk (Maroon)
Tools/Embellishments:  Spellbinders (Classic Circles Large & Small, Floral Ovals), Zutter Round-it-All (1/2"), Sakura Gelly Roll pens (metallic, clear star)

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:
Word Art Wednesday #64 - Anything Goes
Spark Your Creativity Now Challenge #5 - Anything Goes

Why don't you give a purse calendar a try?  They are so easy and made great gifts.  Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you'll come back soon.  I'll have a card using Daydream Designs pre-colored digis to show you in the next day or so.

5 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

We serve such an awesome God! This sentiment really kinda says it all, Stephanie. How can all these ladies, none of whom I've ever met in person, be SUCH precious gifts? It simply has to be our awesome God doing that. And I am SO grateful that He has sent you into my life, and that we share not only our love for crafting, but our love for Him. It makes our friendship even sweeter to be bonded for all eternity; knowing that it is for a greater purpose. I am praying that others will be saved, and some drawn into a closer relationship with Him, through our efforts. I know that I have grown closer to Him through the experiences of crafting with His Word, and watching Him bless me in this special way. Thank you for sharing your talents in our challenge, and for being the precious Christian friend you are to me. Like I said, we sure do serve an awesome God!
Hugs, and prayers of blessings,
Karen

Diane Noble said...

OH, WOW....this is absolutely wonderful! I love all things calendar and this is a great design. Another CASE, I'm afraid!! I still want to showcase more calendars (so little time, so much to do!), so I hope I can borrow this to share on my blog soon. Awesome work, Stephanie. So glad you are sharing it with us on Word Art Wednesday too. Thank you for that!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

What a fab little project and so handy.
I love that you made it so personal by circling that special date.
Caroline xxx

Unknown said...

Stephanie,
Such a clever idea and so beautifully put together. It would be a perfect card for a special friend.
Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday.
Carole Robb Bisson
The Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!

Debbie said...

This is fantastic, Stephanie!! Yep, I'm CASEing this, too!
Great gift idea!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...