Friday, November 19, 2010

Office Desk Signs

Kendra's college has a publishing company.  She was fortunate enough to get a job as a Writing Assistant for their distance learning division. She has her own desk that she is allowed to accessorize/decorate any way she'd like.  She asked me if I would make signs for she & her co-worker with their names on them.  These were not to match but be appropriate for those writing for children.  I looked up quotes about writing for children and incorporated them into their signs.  Again I made use of my new owl punch.  Love that thing!!

I used different sizes of my scalloped oval nesties for the thot bubbles. I pierced a hole in each scallop with my paper piercer and then inked the edges. I raised some of the thot bubbles up with pop dots.

To add some contrast so that Kendra's name wouldn't get lost in all the owls, I embossed a strip of cardstock and then inked it.



Supplies:
PP - Paper Studio
CS - Recollections
Ink - Colorbox Fluid Chalk
Cricut - Jasmine
Pearls - BG
Brads - American Crafts
Tools:  Punch - SU; Spellbinders Nestabilities - Petite Scalloped Ovals; Cuttlebug embossing folder - D'vine swirls

For Hannah's sign I used a coordinating paper instead of cardstock for the contrast.  The horizontal stripes sort of reminded me of elementary writing paper.



Supplies:
PP - Paper Studio
CS - Recollections
Ink - Colorbox Fluid Chalk
Cricut - Jasmine
Pearls - BG
Brads - MM
Tools:  Punch - SU; Spellbinders Nestabilities - Petite Scalloped Ovals

To ward off Writer's Block, I made each of the girl's a bottle of "NoBlock."  I labeled a baby food jar and filled it with fall colored M&M's.



  


Supplies:
Same as the coordinating sign above with the addition of Offray ribbon and Paper Studio punches for the lid covers.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...