Friday, December 31, 2010

Tri-Shutter Card

When I saw a Tri-Shutter Card for the first time, I knew I wanted to make it for a special occasion.  What better time than for my husband's Christmas Card?  I found a tutorial for the Tri-Shutter Card in the resource tutorials over at Splitcoaststampers.  The step-by-step instructions made a card that looks complicated very easy to make.  I chose to decorate my panels the way Beate did in her video tutorial.  Cutting the layers to size was the most time-consuming part.

The poem on the front was a freebie I found on the internet at this site's Christmas Love Verses.  I printed the poem on regular copy paper and then attached a piece of pattern paper over the top.  I ran it back thru my printer so that the poem would be printed right on my patterned paper.  I inked the edges of all my patterned papers.






Supplies:
Cardstock - Bazzill
Papers - Basic Grey
Embellishments - Offray Ribbon, Basic Gray Pearls
Journaling Pen - SU
Ink - ColorBox Fluid Chalk
Tools - Nestabilties (Petite Scalloped Ovals Large, Petite Ovals Large), Fiskars border punch

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! You've inspired me to make a tri-shutter card soon~ love your art!

Vivace said...

"Becca at AmazingPaperGrace.com is Sharing the Comment Wealth and I picked you” I love tri-shutter cards! Thanks for reminding me how fun they are! I love your blog! Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...