Friday, April 22, 2011

Amazing Love

Today, as we think about what Christ did for us on the cross of Calvary, our hearts should be amazed at the love He showed us.  John 3:16 states, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."  Christ died so that we might have everlasting life.  What a priceless gift and what an amazing love!!

My card to day focuses on Christ's love for us.  I used the Amazing Love set from Deedee's Digis to make this card.  It's hard to believe this great set only costs $1.00!!  My card design is called a joy fold card.  Beate Johns has a great tutorial over on Splitcoast Stampers.



Here are a few more pictures so you can see the interior and other details.  I used a SU journaling pen for some faux stitching.  I distressed the edges of my cardstock & patterned paper and then inked them. I also sponged my focal image before removing it from the nesties die.



I used one of the Fancy Tags 3 dies for the edge detail.  After cutting it out & embossing it, I cut it in half and matched the swirls when I overlapped the edges.


Supplies:
Cardstock:  Recollections, Georgia Pacific
Patterned Paper:  BG
Stamps:  Deedee's Digis (Amazing Love)
Ink:  Colorbox fluid chalk, SU
Pens/Pencils - SU journal writer (Close to Cocoa), Prismacolor pencils
Embellishments:  Ribbon (Michael's), SU journaling pen, Spellbinders Nestabilities (fancy tags3, deckled rectangle, petite ovals, petite scalloped ovals

1 comment:

Sandy said...

You did an AMAZING job on this card! Truly beautiful with a beautiful meaning! I love the pretty colors, die cuts, etc.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...