Tuesday, November 29, 2011

SIWS25 - Romans 8:28

This week for the Say It With Scripture Challenge at the Sweet 'n Sassy Connection, we're focusing on a very familiar verse:  Romans 8:28, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

The key to this verse is the "them that love God" part.  Truly loving the Lord is living a life that is obedient to Him {John 14:15, If ye love me, keep my commandments.}.  So, if we are being obedient to Him, all that comes into our life, easy or difficult, is for our good and intended to work out His purpose in our lives.  In my mind's eye, I see obedience to the Lord as a sort of umbrella over our lives.  Stay under the umbrella and we experience the Lord's protection, direction and blessing.  Step out from underneath the umbrella and we're out there on our own with no protection.  As my husband has said many times, "you can make your choices, but you can't choose the consequences of those choices."  Let's strive together to stay under the umbrella of the Lord's protection.

For my card this week, I got to play with some new nestabilities that I got with a birthday giftcard.  New toys!!! :)



Supplies:
Cardstock - Georgia Pacific
Patterned Paper - BG (Picadilly, Out of Print)
Stamps - Sweet 'n Sassy (Encouragement Scripture Digital Set)
Tools/Embellishments - Flowers (Bazzill), Pearl Flourishes (Recollections), Pearls (Oriental Trading), Spellbinders Label 7

I hope you'll play along with this week.  Don't forget to stop by and pick up your free digi too.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...