Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hallelujah! What a Saviour!


I want to share one more card I made for my husband for Resurrection Sunday.  As you probably know, my husband and I work for a music company (he's a bi-vocational pastor), he's a pianist and we just generally like music.  So, I went with music paper, a music embossing folder for the inside of my tent card and a favorite hymn title as my sentiment.



I really enjoyed the tent card I made several weeks ago, so I decided to make another one.  I kept the card pretty simple so that the focus would be on the empty cross.  I'm so thankful for what the Lord did for us on the cross and that He paid our sin debt once and for all.  Hallelujah!  What a Saviour!!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Recollections, Georgia Pacific
Patterned Paper:  Paper Studio
Stamps:  Sweet 'n Sassy (Old Rugged Cross digital stamp), computer generated sentiment
Tools:  Spellbinders (Eyelet Circles, Standard Circles), Cuttlebug embossing folder (Allegro), ColorBox fluid Chalk (chestnut roan), Copics, CM square punch (used to make banner)

I'm entering this card in this week's Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge #134 to make a joy-ful card or one that celebrates something.

Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

~Leslee~ said...

A simply stunning card Stephanie! Beautiful!!

Miesje said...

Oh my - this is stunning! I love the background and the image is powerful! Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

Karen Letchworth said...

This is just beautiful! I really hope you will consider linking up with us in this week's challenge at Word Art Wednesday. We would LOVE to have you play along!
Blessings,
Karen L
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Little Birdie Blessings said...

This is a beautiful card Stephanie. The words of that hymn are powerful. Joni Eareckson Tada, a quadriplegic tells how when she was first paralyzed and in one of her darkest moments, a friend laid beside her and sang that hymn.

Thank you so much for offering to sponsor this week's Scripture Thursday prize. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your Scripture Art. ~ Abby

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...