Monday, September 25, 2017

My Favorite Place


The Turtle Couple stamp set is one of my favorites from Dare 2B Artzy. In part, because my husband saw it first, liked it and told me that I really should get it. :) Who was I to argue? So, whenever I want to make a special card for him, I frequently turn to this set. I hadn't made him a card in a while, he's been working extra hard, and I figured he could use some encouragement. I colored the turtle with Copics and then fussy cut her out. (I own the coordinating dies but didn't want the white edge this time). I did a little inlay die-cutting at add the heart shape to the card front. The sentiment was heat embossed directly onto the heart die cut. I decided to add something a little special and made a circle card instead of the normal rectangle or square. Nuvo Crystal Drops add some dimension and shine to some of the design on the turtle's shell and to her toenails. A white gel pen adds faux stitching and some accents to the turtle. A small rhinestone accents the flower on the turtle.Sequins topped with rhinestones finish off the card front.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Georgia Pacific
Patterned Paper: Playing with Color 2 - Fall Patterned Cardstock
Stamps: Dare 2B Artzy (Turtle Couple)
Ink: VersaFine (Onyx Black)
Copics: YR04, 07, 16, 18, 20, 21, 24; Y17; YG95, 97; N5; E07, 09, 40, 42, 43; B23
Tools/Embellishments: Spellbinders Grand Circle dies, Gina Marie Designs (Double Stitched In and Out Cut Heart Die Set, Rainbow Crystal Rhinestones), The Paper Studio Sequins, Simon Says Stamp fine detail embossing powder (clear), Gelly Roll gel pen (white), Nuvo Crystal Drops (clear), Ranger Multi Medium Matte

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Dare 2B Artzy Challenge - Ship Shape (make a shaped card)
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - Use Patterned Paper
My Creative Scoop Color Inspiration Challenge #26 - Must include something hand colored
Make My Monday Challenge #55 - Autumn Colors
Crop Stop Linky Party #32 - Must use items/brands found in the Crop Stop Store (I used Tsukineko, Cuttlebug, Spellbinders, Fiskars, and Ranger)
Crafting from the Heart Challenge #176 - Anything Goes

Thanks for visiting with me today. I hope your week is off to a good start.

4 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Stephanie, That little turtle is absolutely adorable and you did a wonderful job of coloring him! Love the sentiment you included on your cute card as well! So happy you linked this up to Cropstop -- I hope I'll see more of your beautiful work in the gallery this month!

Sian said...

Great card! I love that turtle. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Sian.

Sue - said...

A lovely card and your turtle is such fun. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday.

Catie Cuddles said...

So cute.
Thanks for sharing on the Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge blog last month. Hope to see you again this month.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT
PS sorry I am so late with my comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...