Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Seasoned with Salt

Happy Wednesday!! It's time for a new challenge at Word Art Wednesday. This week we are focusing on a verse that I personally find quite challenging. Colossians 4:6 says, "Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man." That first part alone gets me. Our speech is to be filled with grace. I am not always gracious and kind in the way I verbally respond to and talk with people. All too often I let fatigue and stress color my tone with irritation. This verse has been running through my mind for several weeks and then I found out it was this week's verse for our cards. Hmmm! I think the Lord is trying to tell me something. I'm doing my best to listen. How about you, is your speech gracious?


I am definitely ready for fall. So for my card this week, I chose to use this pumpkin image that I colored with Copic markers and then coated with clear Wink of Stella. This image panel was die cut, embossed and then matted with square dies. Our sponsor this week is Simon Says Stamp. At the stamp show I attended last month, they had a vendor's booth. How fun to shop in person! I picked up the Eyelet Arch Borders while there. This is a set of large and small eyelets borders that coordinate so well with the Curved Edge A2 Card Die. I used the smaller eyelet die and the Curved Edge die on the patterned paper and mat portion of my card. I went with an old favorite and inked all the papers with distress ink. I embellished the flower centers with stickles and added clear Nuvo Crystal drops to the "berries" and around the pumpkin. The finished card is 5.5" square.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Recollections (kraft), Georgia Pacific (white)
Patterned Paper: Playing with Color 2 (Fall Patterned Paper)
Stamps: WORDart by Karen (Colossians 4:6), Clear Dollar Stamps (Autumn Blessings digi - Clear Dollar Stamps has closed their doors but I love this pumpkin image)
Ink: Distress Ink (Vintage Photo)
Copics: E11, 31, 33, 35, 37; Y35, 38; YR07; G03, 07, 09, 14, 17; W1; N0, 1, 3
Tools/Embellishments: Simon Says Stamp dies (Curved Edge A2 Card, Eyelet Arch Borders), Spellbinders dies (Classic Squares Large & Small), Wink of Stella (clear), Nuvo Crystal Drops (clear), Stickles (Orange Peel, Yellow)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper Challenge - Must Use Patterned Paper
Cuttlebug Mania - Anything Goes but Must use die and/or embossing folder (I used 4 different dies)
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Crafty Sentiments Designs - Use Dies and/or Punches
Dream Valley Challenge #163 - Autumn Colors

Thanks for visiting today. Please come back later for my next Our Daily Bread Designs project. I also hope you'll take time to visit our wonderful sponsor, Simon Says Stamp. As always, the Word Art Wednesday blog has lots of great inspiration from the rest of the Design Team and a free digi for you.

5 comments:

Cicci said...

A wonderful card!! Love the Colours and its a great design on this
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge!
Hugs CicciTTCRD DT
ciccividpennan.blogspot.com {Welcome to Visit and follow my blog}

Rae Ann said...

This is such a pretty layout. The curved border adds great visual interest and the pops of bright colors are so fun.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs for our Dies and/or Punches challenge.

Marilyn said...

Lovely fall card and I like the pretty paper too.
Thank you for joining us at our Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge and I hope you'll be back again soon.
Marilyn S

MagsB said...

What a gorgeous card, Stephanie, fabulous colours and such a great sentiment! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley!

love Mags B x

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love, love the fall theme on this card! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Craftyhazelnut's Patterned paper challenge, elizabeth (DT)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...