Wednesday, December 12, 2012

God Shall Supply... - WAW #58

It's Wednesday, so that means that it's time for another Word Art Wednesday Challenge.  WAW challenges are always "Anything Goes." Any type of art project is welcome as long as it has an encouraging or uplifting sentiment on it.  This week we have two generous sponsors:  Detailed 4 You will be providing a prize for one winner and Cynthia Millan of Stampin' Up has offered one winner TWO stamp sets (Come to Bethlehem AND Crosses of Hope). 

I really like this week's Word Art Wednesday focus verse.  It is Philippians 4:19, "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."  The phrase "My God" reminds me that He's someone I know personally and can enjoy a close relationship with Him. "Shall supply" reminds me that He WILL be faithful. "All your need" means He won't skip any of my needs, He'll meet all of them.  "According to His riches" means He's using His own resources to supply my needs.  Since He owns everything, no need is ever too great/expensive for Him to provide.  "In glory by Christ Jesus" means I can claim Him as my God because of Jesus' work at Calvary and to Him be the glory.

Be sure to stop by the Word Art Wednesday blog to pick up your beautiful FREE digi of this verse.  Even if you never use it on a project, print it out and put it where you can see it frequently.  It will be a great reminder that God is always faithful.



A couple week's ago, I saw a "new to me" card fold on Karin's blog.  I love different card folds and so this week I gave it a try.  She didn't give a name or dimensions to her card fold so I'm not sure what it's called nor what size she made her card.  ETA:  I've discovered it's called a "Z-fold" card.  Beate has a great tutorial on her blog here.  Completely folded, my card is 4.5" high by 6" wide.  The base cardstock is 4.5" x 12".  I scored it on the 12" side at 3" & 6".  I folded it as a normal card on the 6" score line and then folded the front backwards at the 3" score line.  This gives you a "hidden" panel on the inside that measures 3" wide by 4.5" high to decorate.



I combined this week's Scripture digi with an outline digi from the Morning Devotions digi set by Clear Dollar Stamps.  I colored the Bible & coffee cup with my copics.  After die-cutting the panel, I sponged it before removing it from the die.  I hand-cut the mat.  I layered this panel on the largest floral oval Spellbinders die.  I only attached the left side to the front panel and embellished it with 3 Prima flowers.  I used some Crystal Effects on the coffee in the cup.  A trio of pearls accent the front panel and another trio accent the inside panel.



Here is an over-head view of the card:



The inside panel was also sponged with the same pink ink and a coordinating rub-on was added to the bottom left corner.



I'm using the "hidden panel" as the spot to write a short message to the recipient.  It is a piece of the base cardstock die-cut & sponged and then layered over the next to largest floral oval Spellbinders.



Supplies:
Cardstock: Wassau, Express-it, Making Memories (aqua), Bazzill (pink)
Patterned Papers:  Prima (Madeline)
Stamps:  Word Art Wednesday (Philippians 4:19 digi), Clear Dollar Stamps (Morning Devotions Digi Set), Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps (Praying for You Digi Set)
Inks:  Memento (Angel Pink), Copics (N0, 1, 3, 5, 9, E24, 50, R81, 83, 85)
Embellishments/Tools:  flowers (Prima), rub-on (Prima), pearls (Stampin' Up), SU Crystal Effects, Spellbinders (Labels 7, Classic Ovals Large, Floral Ovals)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Word Art Wednesday #58 - Use Scripture/positive sentiment
Love to Create #45 - Anything Goes
Great Impressions - Anything Goes
Sweet Stampin' - Dies & Punches
Pile it On #49 - Embellishments
Spark Your Creativity Now! Challenge #4 - Anything Goes

I hope you'll join us this week and link up your current project(s).  Feel free to link up to 5 projects per week.

I appreciate you taking time out of your day to spend a few minutes with me.  I hope you'll come back soon.

7 comments:

Diane Noble said...

So very pretty, Steph! First I love the color scheme. It creates a clean but slightly shabby chic look (my favorite look. Second, the detail achieved with the flowers and die cuts is amazing. Third...I have that stamp set...one of my favorites too, cause what could be better than the Bible and a cup of coffee? Last, but not least, I love the fold. Will have to try that. A gorgeous card for our challenge this week. BTW...how fun to have you here at WAW too! Lovin' it!!!

Debbie said...

This is beautiful, Stephanie!! I love the colors, cuts, and flowers!! This fold is really neat!! I'm going to have to try one!

Unknown said...

Stephanie, I love everything about the card. Such lovely details all over. The colors are so beautiful. Stunningly lovely. You have great skills, a gift from God. Blessings,
Carole

Cynthia said...

Wow, this is gorgeous Stephanie! Love the z-fold design and such a great scripture.

Unknown said...

Hi Stephanie, your card is very pretty. Lovely colours and such pretty flowers.

Thanks for joining in with us this week at Sweet Stampin.

Sarah

Sandra Carey said...

Beautiful thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create Hugs Sandra DT xx
careyscards.blogspot.co.uk

Shanna Shands said...

This card is lovely. Great fold. Thanks for playing with Great Impressions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...