Wednesday, December 26, 2012

WAW #60 - Quick Bookmark

I hope each of you enjoyed your Christmas holiday and were able to spend time with those you love.  We were able to spend the day with our daughter and her fiance and were in contact with our son via text and phone call.  (He and his family came up a little over a week ago to celebrate with us since they couldn't be here on Christmas day.)

Today is my last post as a Guest Designer for Word Art Wednesday.  This has been a quick month!  I'd like to thank Karen for the honor of being asked to guest design for one of my favorite challenges.  She is fantastic to work with and she is one of the most encouraging people I have ever met!  What a blessing she is!



The focus sentiment this week is a quote by Helen Keller.  I chose to use it on a simple bookmark.  I printed the sentiment and matted it on kraft cardstock. I layered a piece of patterned paper on a kraft cardstock base.  The sentiment panel was layered on top and faux stitching was added to the sentiment and the patterned paper layers.  Three flowers were fussy cut from coordinating patterned paper and attached with glue dots.  I kept everything flat so that it would be functional.  The flower centers and the swirls in the background paper were accented with Stickles.  An eyelet and baker's twine finished off this easy-to-make bookmark.

Supplies:
Cardstock:  Express-it, Recollections
Patterned Paper:  Bo Bunny (Serenade Poppies)
Stamp:  Word Art Wednesday
Embellishments/Tools:  Round-it-All corner rounder, eyelet (American Crafts), baker's twine (The Twinery), Stickles (Christmas Red, Star Dust), Sharpie fine point marker (brown), Sakura Micron (black)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Sentimental Sunday #134 - Focus on the Sentiment
Spark Your Creativity Now Challenge #4 - Anything Goes


Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you'll play along with us this week.

6 comments:

Gemiel said...

Such a lovely bookmark!! And what a great way to remind us to have faith...every time we open a book. Thanks so much for being a guest designer at Word Art Wednesday this month. I so enjoyed your work. Blessings to you.

Tameko said...

Beautiful bookmark. Love the flowers and twine.

Diane Noble said...

I forget about what a nice little extra gift a bookmark can be. I send so many cards to people who love to read God's Word or devotional books and a bookmark like this would be a perfect little gift. I think I'll try to make several that are ready to go. Thanks for the inspiration. A beautiful creation, Stephanie!

Debbie said...

What a beautiful bookmark, Stephanie!!
May the Lord bless you in 2013!!

Unknown said...

Debbie, I love enclosing a bookmark with a card. I would like very much to get one like you made. It will stimulate a focus on the "Light" as we open the book to continue reading.
Happy New Year!
Carole Robb Bisson

Tameko said...

Fabulous bookmark! Thanks for joining the Sentimental Sundays Challenge!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...