Friday, December 14, 2012

SNSDC84 - Tag You're It!

This week's challenge at the Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge Blog is to make a tag.  You can add the tag to a gift, have it be a to/from tag or even have a tag on a card. Your tag doesn't even have to be Christmas themed.  One of the DT chose to make a Valentine's Day card. The choice is your's as long as there's a tag.



I chose to keep things simple and made two to/from tags that can also be bookmarks after the holidays.  I went with some of my favorites on this project.  I used Rhubarb {he's such a cute teddy bear}, my new floral oval and classic oval dies and traditional red & green papers.



For one tag I used Rhubarb and his candy cane and the other Rhubarb and his stocking.  I colored Rhubarb and his candy cane/stocking with Copics.  I accented the bow on the candy cane with star dust stickles and the fur on the stocking with frosted lace stickles.  I also added some stickles to the holly on the stocking.



After coloring, I die cut both the image panel and patterned paper mat from classic oval nesties.  Then they were layered on top of the next to largest floral oval die cut.  A jute string provides the hang tie.  VERY simple.  I didn't add pearls or other bumpy embellishments so that they could be used as bookmarkers after they finish their jobs as package tags.

Supplies:
Cardstock:  Express-it, Bazzill
Patterned paper:  Echo Park (Season's Greetings)
Stamps:  Sweet 'n Sassy Digis (Rhubarb's Stocking, Rhubarb's Candy Cane)
Copics: Rhubarb's Candy Cane (E01, 09, 31, 33, 35, 37, N0, W1, G14, 17, R27), Rhubarb's Stocking (E01, 09, 31, 33, 35, 37, N0, W1, G17, R27)
Embellishments/Tools:  Spellbinders (Classic Ovals Small & Large, Floral Ovals), jute (JoAnn's), Stickles (Star Dust, Frosted Lace, Christmas Red, Green)

I'm entering these tags in the following challenges:
Stamptacular Sunday #193 - Anything But a Card
Catered Crop - Gift Tags
Paper Pretties Monday Challenge #69 (PPMC69) - Red, Green & your choice (I chose brown)
Word Art Wednesday #58 - anything goes
Terrifically Thrilling Thursday - Christmas is in the Air!
Crafty Ribbon Challenge #34 - Tag
Spark Your Creativity Now! Challenge #4 - Anything Goes
Sweet Stampin' - Dies & Punches

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you have a good weekend.

6 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Steph! These sweet little bears made the cutest ornaments ever. Super darling, my friend. I hope you're getting all ready for Christmas. I know that we've already been given the greatest gift ever given, but I want you to know how very grateful I am to God for growing our friendship this year - that's another beautiful gift that Im so grateful for! You are a blessing to me in so many ways, and I praise Him for sending you into my life.
Thanks for sharing with us again this week. Have a blessed week!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

mixamatoasties said...

Fab tags!

Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

Susan

Misty's said...

Hi Stephanie
I have just popped by to say thank you very much for your lovely comment you left on my blog. Very much appreciated!
Your tags are the sweetest ever! Love the adorable images you used.
Michaela xx

La Vikinga said...

Hello Stephanie; your tags are so well made and so cute I just love them! I like many layers and nice shapes and you hace it all!

Thanks for sharing with Crafty Ribbons Tag challenge this fortnight and welcome back next Thursday for a new one!

Charlotta / La Vikinga

Christina - Pieces of Dreams said...

Such sweet little tags. The bears are so cute.
Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular Sundays this week.
Happy Christmas!
Hugs
Chris x

Unknown said...

Oh what gorgeous sweet little tags these are. So adorable. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Ribbons this time.
hugs
Dawn xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...