Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Sketch With A Twist #23 - Happy Birthday

This is my 2nd post for today.  If you are looking for my Word Art Wednesday post, please scroll down or click here.

I am also excited to let you know that I have the honor of being the Guest Designer for this month's Sketch with a Twist Challenge at Mark's Finest Papers.   Each week a sketch is posted for you to use and a "twist" is given for a little extra challenge. This is more than just a double honor for being the Guest Designer for two different sites but it's also a double honor to get to work with my friend Karen on both sites as well.  What a treat!!

There have been some technical difficulties lately with posting the sketches so this is sort of a "catch-up" week.  You have your choice of 3 sketches to use.  You may choose to enter a card for each sketch or pick your favorite.  Each card is another entry to win a nice stamp set. You don't have to use Mark's Finest Papers stamps to enter so be sure to play along with us.

I was given sketch #23 to work this for this week.  This week's "twist" is to make a birthday card.  I chose to flip the sketch upside down and turn the card into a square.  That's the beauty of "artistic interpretation" at it's finest!!  :)



I stamped the Dogwood Blossoms branch in brown ink and then colored them with my copics.  The flowers and leaves ended up a bit too bright for my papers, so I used E31 over them to tone them down and give them a brownish cast.  I added brown pearls and cinnamon stickles to the centers and gave the rest of the petals a little attention from my favorite star dust stickles.  I inked the image panel before removing it from the die.  I used my paper piercer to add some interest to the scallops on the mat.

This card was completely made from scraps (except for the card base).  The beauty of this sketch is the horizontal band -- it covers where two smaller pieces of paper meet.  Gotta love that!

Supplies:
Cardstock:  Recollections
Patterned paper:  Basic Grey (it's from my BG scrap stash so I'm not sure they are all from the same collection)
Stamps:  Mark's Finest Papers (Dogwood Blossoms, Celebrate Big)
Ink:  Memento (Rich Cocoa), Stampin' Up (Creamy Caramel)
Embellishments/Tools:  Stickles (Cinnamon, Star Dust), pearls (Recollections), ribbon (Ribbon Trends), WRMK craft mat, Tim Holtz craft pick, Spellbinders (Petite Ovals Small, Petite Scalloped Ovals Large)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Paper Pretties Monday Challenge (PPMC68) - Use Ribbon
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday #57 - Positive sentiment
Pile It On Challenge #49 - Embellishments
Spark Your Creativity Now! Challenge #4 - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by today.  I do hope you'll play along with us this week.  You just might win a very pretty stamp set!


4 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

What a beautiful Birthday card, Stephanie. I am so blessed to have you with us this month - both at Word Art Wednesday and Sketch With a Twist. Thanks so much for sharing from the heart, and for being such a blessing to me. The friendship we have built means SO much, and I am grateful for you beyond what you can even imagine. God is just SO GOOD, and it's a blessing to share His awesome love with you through crafting!
Blessings always,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Elizabeth Hart said...

So pretty and the sparkle on the flowers is a great touch. Thanks so much for joining us at the Pile it On Challenge.

Gemiel said...

Stephanie, your card is beautiful!!!! Love all the sparkle. It's great to have you guest designing with us at Word Art Wednesday this month and congrats on your GD spot at Marks Finest Paper as well. Blessings!

Deanne Saunders said...

Pretty card! Thanks for participating in our PILE IT ON challenge!!

~DEANNE~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...