Friday, March 11, 2011

A Fishy Thanks

Today I have a more masculine card to show you.  As I've mentioned before, I find masculine cards the most challenging of any to make. My husband & I wanted to send a special card for a thank you so I needed to make a masculine thank you card for a man who loves fishing.  Deedee's Digis Best Fishes set saved the day for me.  I used this week's sketch at Mojo Monday.



I used some jute instead of ribbon because not only is it more masculine but it reminded me a bit of fishing line.  I cut off the bubbles that came with the fish and substituted Robin's Nest Dew Drops. I put an eyelet on the tag as another reminder of fishing (i.e. eyelets on a fishing pole). 

I did a little simple decorating on the inside of the card too.  I kept it pretty simple because I just don't see a guy wanting to much fuss on the inside of a card.  :)

Supplies:
Sketch:  Mojo Monday 181
Card base:  Strathmore Bristol
Cardstock:  DCWV, Georgia Pacific
Patterned Paper:  Echo Park (Little Boy), BG (Oh Baby!)
Stamps:  Deedee's Digi (Best Fishes) & Impression Obsession
Ink:  SU (Bliss Blue), Versamark
Embellishments:  Prismacolor Pencile, jute, Robin's Nest Dew Drops, Stampendous EP (Midnight Black), SU tag punch, Nestabilities Circle & Lacey Circle, Eyelet-MM

Be sure to stop back by next Friday, March 18th, when Deedee's Digis' DT will be having a Blog Hop for an early celebration of the arrival of spring.  You won't want to miss it because not only will there be lots of inspiration but there will be PRIZES!!!  Be honest, who doesn't like the chance for free stuff?!  :)



Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a terrific masculine card, Steph! I, too, find those the most challenging to make. So fun how you cut your papers on the diagonal with the yellow peeking through. Love the jute and the Dew Drop bubbles -- such wonderful accents!!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

What a fun card. Love that fishy! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...