Friday, March 25, 2011

He's the Catch of the Day!!

Our son had a birthday this week.  {How is it possible for my "baby boy" to be 25!!!} This meant that, once again, I needed to venture into the realm of masculine cards.  Since he's a fisherman, I thought the Catch of the Day set from Deedee's Digis would be perfect for his card.  This set has several sentiments for various "manly" occasions.


After coloring my image with prismacolor pencils {with a little help from my husband on proper fish colors}, I sponged the sky, edges of the image panel and darkened the water with inks.  I used an embossing folder to add some texture behind the image panel.  I inked the embossed panel to bring out the embossing.  To me, jute is the masculine version of ribbon so just about every card I make that is intended for a man has some on it.  :)

I also did some interior decorating inside the card.  I used one of the sentiments from this versatile set on a panel that I die cut & sponged. Some eyelets, more jute, more inking and another piece from the embossing folder finished off the inside.



Supplies:
Cardstock:  Recollections, Georgia Pacific, Archiver's
Patterned Paper:  Reminisce (Fish Stories)
Stamps:  Deedee's Digis (Catch of the Day)
Inks:  SU (Creamy Caramel, Blue Bliss), Color Box Fluid Chalk (Olive Pastel)
Tools:  Prismacolor Pencils, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (Bird Call), Spellbinders Nestabilities (Deckled Rectangle)
Embellishments:  Button (Fancy Pants), Jute, Metal Dot (Best Occasions), Eyelets (Oriental Trading)


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope it's nice and spring-y where you are and that you're able to enjoy a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a marvelous "manly" card, Steph! So many wonderful details in this, and the inside is just as marvelous as the outside! The dry embossed pieces are particularly fun. It's amazing how quickly these children grow, isn't it? My son will be 20 tomorrow, and I can hardly believe it! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...