Monday, July 1, 2013

Happy Birthday, Cupcake




I haven't paper pieced in awhile and it's been even longer since I paper pieced with regular stamps.  I decided that this cupcake image would be perfect for that technique.  This card is made entirely of scraps.  Even the card base is what was left over after making another card.  After paper piecing the cupcake and cherry, I colored the cherry stem & leaf with copics.  I added Crystal Effects to the cherry and stickles to the leaf & frosting for some sparkle.  I found some waxed thread on clearance recently and used it for the buttons.  I really like this type of thread.  It's SOOOO easy to thread thru the buttons. I untwisted the ends of the thread a bit after knotting.   The sentiment is embossed with Versamark and white embossing powder. 

{For those friends who know me well, yes, the two strips that aren't matted are unusual for me and yes, I wish I'd matted them.  :)  }

Lesson learned:  I tried rounding the corners of the card AFTER adhering the background paper and matting.  My rounder didn't go in as far as I thought so I didn't get the look I wanted.  Since I was using scraps, I didn't have enough to re-do the card so I'm living with it.  :( 

Supplies:
Cardstock:  Recollections, Bazzill, DCWV, Express-It
Patterned Paper:  MME Miss Caroline (Dilly Dally)
Stamps:  Mark's Finest Papers (Celebrate Big)
Ink:  Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black
Copics:  E25, G28, N0, 1, 3, BG10, Colorless Blender
Embellishments/Tools:  buttons (Making Memories, Basic Grey), CM Fine Tip black pen, Silver Creek Leather Co. waxed thread, Stampendous Embossing Powder (White Opaque), Spellbinders (Circle Small, Eyelet Circle), Crystal Effects, Stickles (Star Dust)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Sweet Stop Sketch 217 (SSS217) - sketch
Tuesday Throwdown #153 - Glitz & Glimmer (add some sparkle and/or shimmer)
Clear it Out Challenge - Paper Piecing/Scraps
Inky Chicks #7 - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks #148 (CCC148) - Cupcakes
Wags & Whiskers #107 - Cute as a button (use at least one button)

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you'll come back soon.

13 comments:

Karen Dunbrook said...

now who doesn't love a good cupcake..very cute card...

Debbie said...

Sweet card!! I was admiring your corners then I read that you don't like them... I do!!

Crafting Vicky said...

Love the awesome frosting you have done on this cupcake. Super cute card.

Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

stamp-color-and create said...

Looks yummy enough to eat. Thanks for joining us at the Clear It Out Challenge Blog. Good luck.

Leanne said...

Looks so yummy! Thanks for playing our cupcake challenge, great job!

Leanne DT!
4 Crafty Chicks

Connie Mercer said...

Love to use my scraps for cards! Makes me feel I'm not wasting supplies. Your card is beautul. Love the paper piecing !!

Tamie said...

Yummy cupcake, fabulous layout and color choice! A marvellous creation. Thank you so much for sharing it with us a 4 Crafty Chicks!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty card Stephanie. Love the yummy cupcake image. The papers are lovely... the buttons are so cute! Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop.

Stephanie said...

So cute, love your cupcake paper! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop.

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card! Love that sweet cupcake!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

buggin2stamp said...

What a fun birthday card. I love the bright colors and the perfect little cupcake. Thanks for joining us at The Sweet Stop this week.
Melissa

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

A great card that is one delicious looking cup cake - yummy! Thanks so much for joining us at Wags 'n Whiskers for our Cute as a Button Challenge - good luck! Hope to see you for our next challenge, Susan x

♥Gemma♥ said...

Beautiful card and thank you for joining us at Wags n Whiskers for the recent challenge and good luck :)
hugs and xxx
Gemma

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...