Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Know Therefore....

It's time for another challenge at Word Art Wednesday.  This week's focus verse is Deuteronomy 7:9.  I love that first part, "Know therefore that the Lord thy God, He is God, the faithful God..."  The word "know" tells us it is a certainty.  "Thy" is personal.  He's my God, not just my parents', my pastor's, etc. but mine.  "Is" is another certainty.  He IS God - not an imposter, not a good person but God.  "The faithful God" tells me that He will keep His promises and always do what is best for me.  He IS faithful.  We could go on with each phrase in this verse but thinking about those first two lines are enough to keep you busy for a long time.







I used this week's Mojo Monday (MOJO303) sketch for my card design.  As usual I tweaked the sketch a bit.  :)  I used some of my Dilly Dally paper pack (love these papers).  I'll be sad when they're all gone.  I kept it pretty simple this week (for me this is CAS) and just did a little inking, a few pearls, a button, ribbon and faux stitching.

Supplies:
Cardstock:  Recollections, Georgia Pacific
Patterned Paper:  My Mind's Eye - Miss Caroline (Dilly Dally)
Ink:  Memento (Desert Sand)
Stamp:  WordArt by Karen
Tools/Embellishments:  ribbon (Sew-ology hem tape), baker's twine (The Twinery), button (Basic Grey), Spellbinders (Labels Four, Labels Four Small), pearls (Recollections), Uni-ball white pen

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

Shopping Our Stash #111 - Use current weakness (I have a weakness for pretty papers, spellbinders and lately, faux stitching.  This card uses all 3.  It seems like almost every card I've made lately has faux stitching and almost every project I make uses dies somewhere on it.)
Papertake Weekly - Die-ing for a Punch (use dies or punches)

Your visit today is greatly appreciated.  I hope you are having a good week.  ;)  Be sure to stop by the Word Art Wednesday blog to not only get your free digi stamp of this week's Scripture, but also to see what my fellow Design Team members have to share with you today.

4 comments:

CanadianScraps43 said...

It is pretty amazing isn't it Stephanie to know that God really is the one and true God who is master of everything. Who values are meaning has human beings and most importantly values the promises and convenants that he makes with us. What a great example of faithfulness,love, and respect. Love the country feel to your card and the layering of nestibilities is wonderful, right along with your sponging/inking on the verse. I can never seem to get that right. Thanks for sharing and it was great to Guest Design with you fine ladies today. Blessings.

vic said...

Lovely card I love you red chequed paper ;)

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Amen to your words about our God. I love your card too. Blessings!

Desire Fourie said...

A beautiful design with such an inspirational sentiment.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...