Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Our Help...is in the Name of the Lord

This week's focus verse at Word Art Wednesday is Psalm 124:8, "Our help is in the name of the Lord, who made heaven and earth."  It is such a comfort to know that the Creator of the universe, is willing to help me.  He is so powerful that just His name is all that is needed.  Hebrews 1:3 says that He is, "...upholding all things by the word of His power..."  He spoke the world into being and is upholding them with His word.  Wow!  As the songs says, "What a mighty God we serve!"

My card this week has very soft & subdued colors.  I used cream to go with the lighter aqua and salmon colors.  My card design came from this week's The Sweet Stop Sketch (SSS221).



I paper pieced the flowers and added pearls in their centers.  I used one of the Black Bold Borders from Milk N Coffee Digital Stamps to accent the row of flowers.  The border was colored with copics.  Milk N Coffee Digital Stamps is one of our sponsors this week.  The salmon colors squares behind the flowers were embossed with an embossing folder.

Supplies:
Cardstock:  Recollections
Patterned Paper:  Stampin' Up 
Stamps:  WordArt by Karen, Inkadinkado (Doodle Flowers), Milk Coffee Stamps (Black Bold Borders)
Ink:  Memento (Tuxedo Black)
Tools/Embellishments: Spellbinders (Deckled Rectangles Large & Small), Copics (R22, BG01, 10), Queen & Co. pearls, Cuttlebug embossing folder (Swiss Dots)

I hope you're having a good week.  It's been unseasonably cool here.  We're truly enjoying it!

5 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty card Stephanie. Love the paper-pieced flowers in the squares. Great color combo. Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop.

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Stephanie! I hope you're having a very blessed week. I always LOVE seeing your cards and I'm SO grateful to God to have you on our DT. Your art is a blessing, and much more.....YOU are a blessing to me. God is so good to give me such a wonderful friend and sister in the Lord. I love you and appreciate you so much.

I also wanted to let you know about a fun blog hop this weekend to celebrate the 1st birthday at Paper Sweeties. You can check it out at my blog or the Paper Sweeties blog Friday - Sunday and the prize is AMAZING! I hope you will HOP along.

Have a blessed week,
karen

Sandy said...

What a pretty card! I love the touch of pearl dots and the way you put your Scripture verse above the flowers. Hope you're having a great week!

Connie Mercer said...

You make the best cards~gorgeous as always!!!

Debbie said...

This is beautiful!! I love the color combo and that the verse is the focal point!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...