Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Home of the Free...

This is my 2nd post of the day.  If you are looking for my Word Art Wednesday post, please scroll down one post or click here.



I'm back with another card for the Scrapping Everyday Miracles 2nd Birthday Bash Card Challenges.  This time its Challenge #3 - a Patriotic Thank You Card.



I made the sentiment the focal point and added a gold embossed Thank You to the bottom of the card.  The dark blue panel is embossed with a Swiss Dot folder and Classic Square Nestabilities were used to cut out the sentiment panel.  Some faux stitching, a couple gold star brads and some gold ribbon complete this card. Yes, it's very simple for me but I think the gold packs a nice little punch.

Supplies:
Cardstock:  Recollections, DCWV, Georgia Pacific
Patterned Paper:  Sassafras Lass (Dainty)
Stamps:  Sweet 'n Sassy Digi (Because of the Brave), Gina K Designs (Masculine Tags)
Ink:  Versamark
Tools/Embellishments:  Zig Ball pen (Red), Spellbinders (Labels 22, Squares Large & Small), Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (Swiss Dots), Misc. items from my stash (gold star brads, gold ribbon, gold embossing powder)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Craft Your Passion Challenge #171 - Thank You
The Kraft Journal - Pretty Papers

One more challenge and I'll have all five of the Birthday Bash Challenges completed.  :)  Not bad for me - especially since keeping them flat so the soldiers can easily mail them is a challenge all of its own for me.  LOL

Thanks for stopping by.  I truly do appreciate your visits.

4 comments:

♥Jan♥ said...

I am always a sucker for polka dots, and of course that dotty folder is my favorite !! I love how your sentiments are not overshadowed by the rest of the card - well done !! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Kraft Journal !!

Bonnie Irvine said...

Great idea to let the sentiments be the focals. They are such important thoughts and deserve the spotlight. Great choice of papers and embellies. I really like the gold accents. Thanks for joining our Thank You challenge at Craft Your Passion. I hope we see you again soon.

MommyScraps said...

Beautiful and wonderful sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion!
-Adina

jessica said...

Such a pretty card! Love the papers and great sentiment!
Thanks for sharing and linking this up over at The Kraft Journal for our Pretty Papers Challenge! Hope to see you play along with our next challenge that starts today :)
Have a GREAT Monday!
Jessica
TKJ~DT

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...