Monday, July 22, 2013

Hello Friend

I saw the Scrapping Everyday Miracles July Sketch Challenge and thought it looked so fun.  This weekend there was a challenge at Gina K Designs to use a floral stamp and a sentiment to make a card to encourage a friend.  I decided to do both challenges in one card.  I have a limited supply of GKD stamps but was able to use this fantastic dogwood flower   I love this little flower stamp - it's so fun {and easy} to color  I alternated the dogwood flowers with some of my Basic Grey papers.


Part of the sketch challenge was to use a pop dot on an embellishment. I cut out a trio of flowers from the patterned paper, colored the flowers with copics and popped them up on my tag.  I added black Want2Scrap bling to the centers of all the pink flowers.




The background panel was embossed with an M'bossabilities folder,a ribbon was added and a fancy brad covers the ribbon knot. The background panel is attached to the card base with pop dots. The dogwood flowers, patterned paper squares and their mats are cut out with Nestabilities.  I added a little faux stitching on the tag.


Supplies:
Cardstock:  Express-It, Georgia Pacific, Bazzill
Patterned Paper:  Basic Grey (Out of Print)
Stamps:  Gina K Designs (Vintage Chic, Dogwood and Butterfly)
Ink:  Memento (Tuxedo Black)
Copics:  R81, 83, 85; YG03, 05
Embellishments/Tools:  Spellbinders (M'bossabilities-Splendid B, Classic Squares Large & Small), brads (The Paper Studio), CM Black pen, Want2Scrap bling, ribbon (The Ribbon Boutique)

I'm entering this card in the following additional challenges:
Basic Grey Challenges #98 - Flowers
Pile it on Challenge #29 - Thinking of You/Just Because
Milk Coffee Challenge - Emboss It
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog #136 - Use black somewhere on your card (I have black bling as my flower centers)

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I appreciate you taking time to visit.

5 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

really pretty Steph~

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

What a lovely card with your pretty flower images and ribbon!! Such a great take on the card sketch!! Thanks for joining the Scrapping Everyday Miracles July Sketch Challenge. ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

this is really pretty. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at SEM.

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and beautiful design. Thanks for joining us at Milk Coffee. Good Luck!

Donna x

Cara G said...

Beautiful card Stephanie--a perfect take on the sketch. So glad you joined us this month at Scrapping Everyday Miracles!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...